Saturday, July 10, 2010

New Breakfast Tradition

So, I haven't blogged in a while.  A very, very brief catch up.

--I read the book "Deep Nutrition" from cover to cover and it made sense to me.
--I have been scouring the internet for information.
--I started an ecouse on traditional food and budgeting

Last night, I went to the grocery store determined to get "better" food for breakfast today.  I love breakfast, but I had gotten into the bad (very bad) habit of eating McGriddles from McDonalds in the morning.  Well, I have to tell you that my breakfast this morning was so much tastier than McDonalds today!  MMMMM.

At the store, I bought the following for breakfast today:
--organic, cage free eggs (not free range, but pretty close)
--preservative free, nitrate free bacon (I was shocked to find this at the regular g-store!)
--Organic, pastured butter (mmm)
--Organic, whole, vitamin D milk

I have to say I was really concerned about drinking whole milk.  I've been drinking skim milk since starting high school (hmmm...that's about...well...holy crap 17 years!  I'm old...), and milk fat has been vilified.  I honestly expected it to be chunky and taste like gristle or something.  Well I was wrong.  I opened and poured it into a glass this morning with uneasiness.  Then, I smelled it.  Who smells their milk?!  Apparently, I do.  I realized there was no smell.  When I buy skim milk, I have thought for years it smelled - even when it was fresh off the shelf.  This is one of the main reasons I stopped drinking milk straight out.  There was NO smell to my new milk in the red carton.  Then I took my first sip and MMMMM.  I have rediscovered milk!

Amazingly, I also decided that I would be fine with LESS food than I made this morning.  That's weird...I usually always want more breakfast.  Maybe that real fat told my body that it was full.  Anyway...so far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment