Wednesday, July 18, 2012

{Recipe} Super Garlic Chicken Drumsticks in the Crockpot

This post is part of Try it Out Tuesday!

It is so HOT in St. Louis right now, it is difficult for me to choose my meal plan because I really don't want to use the oven or stove.

Enter crockpot.

Chicken drumsticks were on sale at the store this week, so I was looking for a great crockpot chicken recipe.

I found a garlic chicken drumstick recipe.  I heart garlic!  You can see my pin here in my recipe board.

First, I went shopping!


Since this recipe called for mega garlic, I treated myself to prepared garlic to save some time.  I love this package from Trader Joe's.


I put the chicken stock in the crockpot and turned it on low.  I used a whole can of broth so I could make gravy from the stock after cooking.

I layered the drumsticks in and sprinkled with spices and garlic.  I did not measure the spices.


Then, I made a second layer of chicken.  In order to cook all the drumsticks, I had to make two layers (10 drumsticks).


That was it!  I just waited for it to cook for about 5 hours on low (my crockpot has a strong low setting).  My house smelled heavenly!  When it was done, I plated with some zucchini and enjoyed!


It turned out great!  Next time, I would take the skin off the chicken before cooking, but otherwise I loved it.  Just adjust the spices to what you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment